- Thursday, Oct. 8
- Thursday, Oct. 15 (see recording)
- Thursday, Oct. 29 (see recording)
- Thursday, Nov. 12 (see recording)
International perspective on the evolution of mineral supply chains
The opening webinar will focus on how buyers, traders and investors foresee the demand for minerals evolving, including the social and environmental requirements that will be expected from companies along the supply chain. Questions to be discussed during this webinar include:
- What impact will economic recovery packages have on mineral demand?
- What mechanisms do governments have at their disposal to incentivise or require minimum standards from companies that are not operating within their jurisdiction?
- What do carbon neutrality announcements by manufacturing companies in Europe mean for their suppliers?
- What role do commodity exchanges play in responsibly sourced minerals?
- How is the financial sector integrating environmental, social and governance risks in their lending and investing decisions?
Opening and inauguration:
The role of extractive industries in the economic recovery
As part of the “Good Practice and Trends in the Extractive Industry” webinar series, we invite you to participate in this seminar, which is being held in the context of German Cooperation’s support to the EITI processes in Colombia and Peru.
This webinar will reflect on the implications of international trends for Andean countries and the expectations placed on the mining sector to be a driving force in the economic recovery of mineral producing countries.
Impacts of evolving mining technologies
This webinar will discuss how the coronavirus pandemic has accelerated technological advances in the mining sector and the potential economic, social and environmental impacts resulting from the adoption of these technologies.
Questions to be discussed include:
- What are the tax implications resulting from a more autonomous and capital-intensive mining sector?
- How are mining suppliers positioning themselves in order to benefit from the technological advances and what are the opportunities local for start-ups?
- How can mining companies gain/retain their social license to operate among mining impacted communities if there are less local employment opportunities at the operations?
- How can the Andean region best navigate the technological transition the mining sector is experiencing?
Communicating responsible practice in mineral supply chains: sustainability standards and technological solutions
This webinar will discuss sustainability standards, company initiatives and technology solutions in the light of increasing requirements to communicate responsible practice in the extractive sector in the mineral supply chain to downstream companies, investors and relevant stakeholders.
Insights will be provided on current expectations on information about responsible management practices in the extractive sector as well as different tools and strategies, including technological solutions, to address these.
Questions to be discussed during this webinar include:
- With a multitude of standards and initiatives and increasing expectations of downstream industry and investors in recent years to demonstrate responsible practice, which approaches can miners and buyers choose to enhance communication on responsible practice effectively?
- What are the main bottlenecks that still need to be addressed for the broad-based adoption of technologies to demonstrate due diligence in mineral supply chains?
- What is the incentive for a mining company to be a first mover in this space?
- How can the Andean region benefit from this trend of more transparency on environmental, social and governance issues in mineral supply chains?
Presentation Technological Solutions
For more information do not hesitate to write us
Caution: this is not the registration form