Data processing is the responsibility of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn
Contact details of the data protection officer:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise for international cooperation. We work as a federal enterprise under private law. Our aim is to achieve the development-policy objective of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and conserving the natural resources on which livelihoods depend.
The following cookies are used by this website:
- cookie_notice_accepted: This cookie used to save your decision to close the cookie banner, which is shown on your first visit on the website. It is valid for 3 months.
- pll_language: This cookie is used to save your language preference. It permits us to show you the website in your preferred language on your next visit. It is valid for 1 year.
Contact via E-Mail
If you contact us via one of the indicated channels on the website (via telephone or mail), your title, first name, family name phone number and email address are processed. Under Article 6 (1 b) of the GDPR, this data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, in this case for the purpose of receiving and responding to your enquiry. Your data is never shared with third parties. Enquiries sent to GIZ via email are deleted after 2 years or once they have been dealt with.
Recipients of personal data
- Data are not passed on to third parties.
- As a general principle, data will not be transmitted to third states
Duration of data retention
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- they are no longer needed for contractual purposes (e.g. for employment, top-ups, rental, sale or service contracts)
- when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation
- when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired.
Reference to user rights
You are entitled to:
- to object to data processing,
- enquire about your personal data and its processing
- to have this corrected if necessary, or to request restriction of processing or the erasure of the data
The data will then be erased.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the GIZ data protection officer (see contact information provided above). You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The responsible authority in this case is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).